This award is open to both young business people that are enjoying success in building their own business, or to those employees that have had an outstanding impact in contributing to the successes of a larger organisation.
Either way, applicants will need to demonstrate ambition, energy, skill and vision, as well as tangible business success.
Applicants will be judged on their personal involvement in the company’s growth or expansion, its move into new products, services, markets, or new areas of business activity.
All submissions must be 1000 words or less
No additional attachments, insertions or images allowed. Please be sure to answer all the questions in full on the entry form
Entrants should be aged 35 or under as of 1st January 2017 and be in a position directly responsible for profitability.
- Why should you win Young Business Person of the Year?
- Outline your career to date providing details of further education and professional qualifications etc.
- Briefly state your company’s business activities, its products/services, company size, and turnover and profitability. Also, give details on your role within the company and your areas of responsibility.
- To what extent have you/they been responsible for achieving improved financial performance?
- In non-financial terms what contribution/s have you/they made to the development of the business? i.e. product/service development, improved manufacturing methods, market position, introduction of quality standards/initiatives, training activities etc.
- What personal characteristics do you feel have made you/they successful?
- Provide details on any activities you are involved in outside of your/their business life showing the relevance to Bristol or the local community.
- Any other matters of significance