This award will go to the profitable business which has increased its potential over the latest financial year, the size and age of the business will be considered against its financial performance.
The judges will be interested in innovative products, services and processes as well as expansion into new markets and different areas of business activity. In addition the judges would like to know more about the ‘personality’ of the business; the qualities which make the business successful.
Companies entering this category must have an annual turnover of less than £5m.
All submissions must be 1000 words or less
No additional attachments, insertions or images allowed except for accounts.
Please be sure to answer all the questions in full on the entry form
Please enclose a copy of your company’s latest accounts with your submission. Annual accounts can be submitted or other internal documents such as management accounts.
- Why should your business win Small Business of the Year?
- Outline the development and growth of your business from its date of establishment.
- Provide information relating to the following:
- Give details on the growth, turnover and profit of your business.
- Outline your share in the market, new market developments and any export achievements.
- What new products/services are you developing? What are your new production methods? Explain your research and development of these new areas.
- Give details on your success measurement/s for the following:
- Management and leadership
- Quality standards
- Financial, stock and production controls
- Particular Achievements over the last 12 months
- Commitment to Bristol and the contribution your business makes to the local economy
- Any other matters of significance.